Friday, January 9, 2009

Everyday Minerals Where Can I Buy

Never trust the first installation ...



This blog was created to document my experience with Linux ubuntu
Al As I write I'm using a notebook MSI Wind U100 with Windows XP and Ubuntu 8.10 with kernel:
conrad @ notebook: ~ $ uname-r 2.6.27-9-generic
Here's my partition table: a
32.3 kB 4195MB 4195MB 4195MB primary fat32 2
46.1 GB 41.9 GB primary ntfs boot 3
46.1 GB 65.5 GB 112GB 112GB 160GB primary ntfs
4
48.4 GB extended 5 112GB 158GB logical 46.3 GB ext3
6 158GB 160GB 2032MB logical linux-swap
To create partitions for Linux I have had many problems since this laptop comes with a factory already partitioned hard as you may have noticed before: a primary
FAT32 hidden partition recovery ntfs partition
2 primary system c: \\ (boot) 3
primary ntfs partition data backup
To make it easy to create partitions for linux, just leave unchanged the partition of the HD and launch ' installing Ubuntu (this is the case in which we strongly advise against using programs like PartitionMagic or some other utility windows management / creation of partitions). If you follow this advice
Ubunto will ask you to create the EXT3 partition taking space from the backup data ... so I assigned 48GB to Linux. For the swap we thought he automatically. Perfect! Obviously

installed Linux properly when the PC will be grub, the boot loader of ubuntu, which will launch both Linux and XP startup disk of the notebook MSI.

0 comments:

Post a Comment