From "our" correspondent in London ...
20-Oct-2010 1:28
From your correspondent at the Royal Opera House - Laura Servidei.
I come from a Rigoletto performance at the Royal Opera House in London. First of all the direction. After dozens of royal opera or inane or insane (or both, such as the Marriage of Figaro last set in a hotel in Stockholm in the years 30), finally a director with idea! Then one can 'also disagree idea, but there was an idea, now I try to explain. Rigoletto, which is usually represented and 'an unfortunate, but that' and 'noble in it. First scene: Rigoletto, 'a loose without its moral' values. Then there's' monologue "Pari siamo", expressing things a bit 'more' deep, and then he meets his daughter and becomes the loving father and nobleman. Perche 'This is the classical interpretation: Rigoletto in reality' is noble in it, you can clearly hear the music that Verdi wrote for him. The director tells us instead that it is not 'true at all. Rigoletto is not 'miss in noble at all, and' really a monster, a demon, soul black, vile and evil, only that she loves her child, but a little 'like a sewer rat loves his children.'s monologue "we are equal" becomes almost an attempt to apologize, " and 'your fault I'm bad! "a bit' as those who massacre the ex-wives and say it is 'their fault that they left it.'s love for his daughter and' true and pure, it hear the music, but not noble, not dismiss them from the sewer where it rolls voluntarily. So
. The first scene 'real orgy, a vulgar' disconcerting puppe outside, copulating mimed on stage, the daughter of Monterone dragged nude scene desperately trying to cover with a cloth, and is scrambled and semi-raped. A mixture of ancient Roman orgy and a sado-masochistic party, a lot of clothes in black leather. A violent scene, but I guessed a lot. Rigoletto 'absolutely monstrous, evil moves on her legs, leans forward on two sticks, the jester's hat becomes a kind of spiked helmet (which in fact refers to the sado-masochistic ), make-up and 'grotesque, her hair disheveled, thin, long and gray, an absolutely disgusting. It continues to be revolting even later, when he meets his daughter, and more' out in "Cry Girl". Do not you ever redeems, love for his daughter 's true, but it redeems. How do you interpret
Dmitri Hvorostovskij everything '? From great professional. He's the only thing that you can' do: reads like a devil and sings like an angel. Hvor has a voice of a softness, an amazing velvet (too much, though I must say the truth, 'in' yes 'revenge "lacked a bit' of evil), and, notwithstanding this direction that leads him to move around the stage like a monster to do disgusting ways, expressions demonic, and the vocal 'always perfect, and the tenderness in his voice expresses points and moving' in that clash with his performance and the effect that 'intense. It does not release never kitsch, no sobbing, no giggles, or rather, sobs and chuckles, but not while she sings! When we sing 'pure green. maniacal care even in the micro-recitatives, never a wasted note the'. tears in his eyes "not to pity my darling die," a sweetness and an endless agony, I was shot in the stomach does not even know it comes (usually baritones at that point they 'yell, I never understood why') .
The tenor was a Korean named Kim Wookyoung (or something very similar) and the next I speak ill of Korean singers shot. It 'very good! A technical miracle, and a stamp that I have found very beautiful. A little 'leggerino as a tenor, but there's Rigoletto. Great interpretation, moreover, again, innovative. In the love duet "It' s the sunshine of the soul", usually the contents of cannon fire. The Duke of Mantua and 'arrogant strategic self-confident', and then sings with the deep voice and overwhelms the Pora Guild, precisely what is carried away and loves it. Not so. This seduces her. A delicacy , a scam, a tumbler all his arm more 'subtle. I do not never overwhelms. and I' liked Abbestia. We should give him a course of consonants, especially the C and G dura lost all the time, but to be a Korean spoke too well. Gilda was
Patrizia Ciofi, we know well, has always had the treble a bit 'strident and continues to resent. For heaven's sake', avercene eh, but I feel a bit 'more' routine of the other two.
I had lots of fun, and I recommend to anyone Hvorostovskij. Above and 'beautiful, but tonight you could not see
:-) Greetings to all and a big kiss to my mother. Laura
0 comments:
Post a Comment